Sorry to keep some of you waiting, here is the recipe for the Moist Chocolate Chips Chiffon Cake:
6 eggs (Separated into yolks and egg white)
110g cake flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup corn oil
75g cold water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3 tbsp of mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven in lower thrid of the oven to 150 Deg C
2. Grease the bottom of a chiffon pan
3. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl. Add half of 135g of the sugar and blend together.
4. Make a well in the centre and set aside.
5. Add oil, egg yolks, water and vanilla extract into the centre of the well in the flour mixture.
6. With a wire whisk, mix together until smooth and light in colour. Make sure there is no lumps.
7. Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until glossy and stiff. Make sure the bowl is clean and dry and greasefree.
8. Fold the egg white into the batter mixture until thoroughly blended.
9. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top and fold until all combined. Do not over fold.
10. Immediately, pour into the prepared cake pan. Do not bang the cake pan, instead, run a table knife or icing spatula through the batter in a “S” formation.
11. Bake the cake in the pre heated oven f0r 40-45mins or until the cake is deep golden brown on top and springs back when touched lightly with the open palm of your hand. When a skewer is insert into the cake, it should come out clean.
12. Remove the cake from oven immediately and over turn it to cool on a high cooling rack to prevent condensation on the surface of the cake.
13. Remove the cake by gently running the side with a thin knife after it has been completely cooled. Take caution as not to scratch the side of the pan.
Sprinkle with a little icing sugar and serve. Enjoy!