Finally, it’s time of the year again! Lunar new year is around the corner and I will be busy baking and preparing all the goodies for my guests when they come to visit us during the new year as well as cleaning up the house known as “spring Cleaning”.
My favourite new year goodies are Kueh Bangkit and mini hei bee hiam spring roll. Hence I”m starting to bake Kueh Bangkit now.
I’ve tried many recipes and all does not turn out to be crunchy and melt in the mouth. However, this year, I finally had the chance to try the recipe from Kitchen Capers and it was a success for a crunchy and mel-in-the-mouth tecture. The original recipe can be located here while the below recipe, I did some modification to the original recipe:
250g Fried Tapioca flour
150g Fried Sago Flour
150ml Coconut Milk
2 Egg Yolks
1. Beat Egg Yolk with sugar till sugar dissolves
2. Add Coconut Milk to mix.
3. Add flour to mix till it can form a dough
4. Roll dough on a floured table and use cookie cutters to cut into shapes.
5. Baked in preheated oven of 170C for 20 to 25mins
6. Cool completely before storing in air tight jar.
* I baked the flour instead of frying it. I baked the flour in preheated oven of 160C for 25 – 30 mins, stirring it every 10 mins with cut pandan leaf.
* Note the measurement for the flour is measured after baked / fried.
And here’s the end products:
Happy New Year!!!